fbpx
Connect with us

AEW News

Backstage Health Update On AEW Star Bryan Danielson

It was previously reported that top AEW Star Bryan Danielson was scheduled to make an appearance at a fan meet-and-greet last Month in New Bedford, Massachusetts, but he was unable to appear as according to Fightful Select, Danielson was dealing with an undisclosed injury and due to that the top AEW Star was unable to fly. Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com then revealed that Danielson would suffer an injury in the Anarchy In The Arena Match at the AEW Double Or Nothing PPV Event, but his injury doesn’t look to be anything of major concern and too serious that he will be kept out of in-ring action for a very long period of time. Alvarez also revealed that Danielson was only expected to be out of action for 1 to 2 weeks and that the specifics of his injury will be provided soon.

AEW President and CEO Tony Khan recently spoke with the New York Post and revealed that Danielson was not feeling well 8 days prior to the joint AEW and NJPW Forbidden Door Event and despite the AEW Star insisting that he competes on the show, Khan still decided to pull him from Forbidden Door. Khan also revealed that Danielson was feeling great a few weeks ago on the day of the Road Rager episode of AEW Dynamite.

This is what Tony Khan said:

“I don’t think it was a good thing Bryan [Danielson] got hurt.” “I think that’s one of the worst things, but he’s doing much better. I talk to him a few times a week. I had talked to him on Wednesday when were in St. Louis for ‘Road Rager’ and I talked to Bryan. And Bryan was like, ‘I feel f—king great! I’m ready to come back and I’m gonna fight Zack Sabre and we’re gonna go to Blood and Guts. Let’s f*king go man.’”

“Then I talked to him the Saturday, eight days before the pay-per-view and he’s not doing as well. So I immediately was like, ‘You’re not wrestling. If you’re not feeling great eight days out, I don’t care if you have seven straight days. I’m shutting you down until further notice.’ He has scans coming up. I’m like, ‘I don’t care what they say. They could be perfectly clear.’”

Dave Meltzer appeared on an episode of his “Sunday Night’s Main Event” podcast and provided an update on Bryan Danielson. According to Meltzer, Danielson is doing much better and he has already recovered from his concussion, but AEW President and CEO Tony Khan is being extra cautious with the handling of one of the company’s top stars due to Danielson’s history of concussions, which is the reason why the AEW CEO has yet to clear The American Dragon to return to in-ring action.

This is what Dave Meltzer said:

“What I can tell you is Bryan is fine but he’s not cleared to wrestle yet and Tony Khan is not going to rush him back.”

There’s no word yet on when Bryan Danielson will be cleared to return to in-ring action, but updates will be provided once it has been made available. Danielson last competed for AEW at the company’s Double Or Nothing PPV, when he, Eddie Kingston, Santana, Ortiz and Jon Moxley faced and lost to The Jericho Appreciation Society.

Be sure to join our WWE / AEW Discord server and connect with other pro wrestling fans.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in AEW News