As previously reported, Paul Wight made his official AEW debut during this past Wednesday night’s AEW Dynamite: The Crossroads special and noted that a huge “Hall of Fame worthy talent” signing will take place at this coming Sunday’s Revolution PPV Event. Wight then said that “it’s not who you think” and didn’t provide additional details other than that as to who this person might be.
AEW President and CEO Tony Khan then appeared as a guest on AEW’s Unrestricted podcast and noted that what Paul Wight said is absolutely true and that a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge, huge star is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the PPV.
Former WWE Star CM Punk took part in a Q&A session with fans and shot down those rumors, saying he is not the “Hall of Fame worthy talent” signing that is being teased for Sunday’s AEW Revolution PPV. CM Punk was then asked by a fan if the huge AEW signing at Revolution is really 100% not him as he has a bet with a friend, to which Punk responded, “100% not me.”
Punk was also asked if it frustrates him when AEW announces surprises like they did and he has to say no or shoot down all the rumors when he opens Twitter and sees all the tweets and mentions. Punk then said, “Nah I get it. It ain’t all about me!.”
Punk was then asked who he thinks would be the best addition to the AEW roster and why. Punk said, “I think they should focus on who they have.”
There is no word yet on who will be revealed as that major signing at Sunday’s Revolution PPV, but we will keep you updated as soon as news becomes available.
You can check out CM Punk’s tweets below:
Let’s try this again. Q&A time! Use hashtag #askpunk and no, it’s not me.— player/coach (@CMPunk) March 4, 2021
100% not me— player/coach (@CMPunk) March 4, 2021
Nah I get it. It ain’t all about me!— player/coach (@CMPunk) March 4, 2021
I think they should focus on who they have.— player/coach (@CMPunk) March 4, 2021