As previously reported, there were speculations that William Regal is headed back to the WWE after he was told by former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley to never show his face again and that angle was done as a way to write Regal off of AEW TV. More fuel was added to the speculations when WWE Chief Content Officer and Head of Creative Triple H acknowledged the professional wrestling legend by posting clips of his previous WarGames announcements and Dave Meltzer revealed on a recent Wrestling Observer Radio Program that William Regal returning to the WWE has certainly been a topic of discussion, but Regal’s AEW contract won’t expire for a few more months after he signed a one-year deal with the company.
Dave Meltzer took to his Twitter and corrected a number of details in regards to Regal’s AEW contract and possible return to the WWE. According to Meltzer, Regal will remain in All Elite Wrestling for at least two more years because he signed a three-year deal with the company last spring, not a one-year deal.
You can check out Dave Meltzer’s tweet below:
A correction from last night's show regarding Regal's deal. Based on what he said when he signed, his deal signed last spring was for three years.— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) November 28, 2022