fbpx
Connect with us

WWE News

Update On John Cena’s Status For WWE’s Clash At The Castle

WWE is set to hold their Clash At The Castle Event on Saturday, September 3 from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, with Undisputed WWE Universal Champion “The Tribal Chief” Roman Reigns putting his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship on the line against Drew McIntyre in the show’s main event, but it seems that WWE legend and 16-time World Champion John Cena will not be part of the company’s first major event in the U.K. since the 1992 WWE SummerSlam Event.

16-time World Champion John Cena took part in a Q&A session at the recent Wales Comic Con and said he has been coming back to Cardiff for 15-plus years to compete and every time he returns, it’s exciting and amazing, but he will not be appearing at WWE’s Clash At The Castle.

This is what John Cena said:

“I’ve been coming to Cardiff to fight for 15-plus years, and every time, it’s exciting and amazing. I’m not going to be at Clash.”

John Cena also talked about what is his favorite match of his career.

This is what John Cena said:

“My answer is always the same. My next one. I haven’t yet hit the point where I’m fully retired, so I can always say my next one. Someday, I’ll have to reflect back and pick a favorite, but I know I’m not done with the ring, so my next one is my favorite one.”

John Cena last competed for WWE at last year’s WWE SummerSlam Premium Live Event, when he lost to the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. He did appear on an episode of WWE RAW last month and revealed that he will definitely be competing in the ring again, but it will not be happening anytime soon and he does not know when exactly it will be taking place.

You can check out John Cena’s full comments in the video below. H/T to Fightful for transcribing the quotes.

Be sure to join our WWE / AEW Discord server and connect with other pro wrestling fans.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in WWE News